www.ForumViaggiare.com

Links Sponsorizzati


Torna indietro   www.ForumViaggiare.com > International Forums - In english > Travelling in Europe

Tags:

Rispondi
 
Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione ModalitÓ visualizzazione
  #41  
Vecchio 12-09-2014, 10.47.26
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:43:35 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
wrote:
[color=blue]
>Bill <blackusenet@gmail.com> wrote:[color=green]
>> On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:08:34 -0500, erilar
>> <drache@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>>
>>>> "Martin" <me@address.invalid> wrote in message
>>>> news:k8ct0a1vaiuljaqto12m10eg8p2ukihhq1@4ax.com...
>>>>> On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:30:55 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>>> [url]http://www.filmon.com/group/uk-live-tv[/url]
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> BBC 4 has lots of archeology and history programmes.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you! I've saved the list. Times will be different here, but I found
>>>>>> a time for Part 1 here (2:00 pm Thursday) and marked it on my calendar.
>>>>>
>>>>> I hope it works. Use the Radio Times to keep an eye on what's showing on
>>>>> BBC4.
>>>>> [url]http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings[/url] I'm sure you will find lots of
>>>>> programmes that you will find interesting.
>>>>
>>>> and look at
>>>>
>>>> [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29126854[/url]
>>>
>>> It was a lovely thought, but it doesn't work at all. I waited until
>>> almost 2:00 today, when it was supposed to be live in my time zone, then
>>> began jumping through assorted hoops, finally got the proper link to the
>>> Stonehenge show, only to, in the end, be notified that I'm not allowed
>>> to access it from here. it's "not available". And I really enjoy
>>> history and archaeology shows! Thanks for the help anyway, even if it
>>> turned out to be in vain.[/color]
>>
>> Wasn't worth watching anyway.
>>
>> Very little of the new data make it through the 'make it
>> entertainment' filter and there was a great deal of speculation about
>> Neolithic lifestyles and pre Neolithic hunter gatherers, none of
>> which was justified by anything much.[/color]
>
>It sounds as if what was in the magazine was as good or better 8-)[/color]

I agree with Bill. There is still another episode.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
  #42  
Vecchio 12-09-2014, 10.53.44
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:08:34 -0500, erilar <drache@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
[color=blue]
>[color=green]
>> "Martin" <me@address.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:k8ct0a1vaiuljaqto12m10eg8p2ukihhq1@4ax.com...[color=darkred]
>> > On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:30:55 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>> >>> [url]http://www.filmon.com/group/uk-live-tv[/url]
>> >>>
>> >>> BBC 4 has lots of archeology and history programmes.
>> >>
>> >>Thank you! I've saved the list. Times will be different here, but I found
>> >>a time for Part 1 here (2:00 pm Thursday) and marked it on my calendar.
>> >
>> > I hope it works. Use the Radio Times to keep an eye on what's showing on
>> > BBC4.
>> > [url]http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings[/url] I'm sure you will find lots of
>> > programmes that you will find interesting.[/color]
>>
>> and look at
>>
>> [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29126854[/url][/color]
>
>It was a lovely thought, but it doesn't work at all. I waited until
>almost 2:00 today, when it was supposed to be live in my time zone, then
>began jumping through assorted hoops, finally got the proper link to the
>Stonehenge show, only to, in the end, be notified that I'm not allowed
>to access it from here. it's "not available". And I really enjoy
>history and archaeology shows! Thanks for the help anyway, even if it
>turned out to be in vain.[/color]

Odd. It worked for me and I live outside UK. Not sure what all hoops were. All I
had to do was select BBC 2 and watch. Maybe you should have tried watching BBC 2
when I first suggested it instead waiting until the time of the programme before
starting to jump through hoops.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #43  
Vecchio 12-09-2014, 13.33.41
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:43:35 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
wrote:
[color=blue]
>Bill <blackusenet@gmail.com> wrote:[color=green]
>> On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:08:34 -0500, erilar
>> <drache@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>>
>>>> "Martin" <me@address.invalid> wrote in message
>>>> news:k8ct0a1vaiuljaqto12m10eg8p2ukihhq1@4ax.com...
>>>>> On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:30:55 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>>> [url]http://www.filmon.com/group/uk-live-tv[/url]
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> BBC 4 has lots of archeology and history programmes.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you! I've saved the list. Times will be different here, but I found
>>>>>> a time for Part 1 here (2:00 pm Thursday) and marked it on my calendar.
>>>>>
>>>>> I hope it works. Use the Radio Times to keep an eye on what's showing on
>>>>> BBC4.
>>>>> [url]http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings[/url] I'm sure you will find lots of
>>>>> programmes that you will find interesting.
>>>>
>>>> and look at
>>>>
>>>> [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29126854[/url]
>>>
>>> It was a lovely thought, but it doesn't work at all. I waited until
>>> almost 2:00 today, when it was supposed to be live in my time zone, then
>>> began jumping through assorted hoops, finally got the proper link to the
>>> Stonehenge show, only to, in the end, be notified that I'm not allowed
>>> to access it from here. it's "not available". And I really enjoy
>>> history and archaeology shows! Thanks for the help anyway, even if it
>>> turned out to be in vain.[/color]
>>
>> Wasn't worth watching anyway.
>>
>> Very little of the new data make it through the 'make it
>> entertainment' filter and there was a great deal of speculation about
>> Neolithic lifestyles and pre Neolithic hunter gatherers, none of
>> which was justified by anything much.[/color]
>
>It sounds as if what was in the magazine was as good or better 8-)[/color]

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/sep/12/operation-stonehenge-what-lies-beneath-tv-review[/url]

[url]http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/operation-stonehenge-what-lies-beneath-tv-review-behold-the-porsches-of-the-mesolithic-age-topquality-flint-9727724.html[/url]
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #44  
Vecchio 12-09-2014, 20.25.01
mikeos
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On 04/09/2014 17:17, Erilar wrote:[color=blue]
> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>[color=green]
>>
>> The TV programme is on BBC 2 on Thursday
>> [url]http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c4tkng/operation-stonehenge-what-lies-beneath--series-1---episode-1[/url]
>> 1/2. Stonehenge is one of the most enigmatic and fascinating historical sites
>> that this country has to offer, and that's largely for one reason - try as they
>> might, historians have next to no idea what the huge stone monoliths were for,
>> or how they got there. There's no end of theories, of course, but none of them
>> so far have been conclusive. That may all be about to change, however. Recent
>> revolutionary research has just been undertaken which, over the course of just a
>> few years, has yielded some fascinating insights into the site. Drawing on this
>> new data, archaeologists might finally be able to put to bed some of its
>> mysteries, as this two-part programme reveals the five-year project's findings.[/color]
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have access to real BBC.[/color]

You can probably access it via iPlayer with the appropriate software. My
Daughter watches it in Pennsylvania.


Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #45  
Vecchio 12-09-2014, 20.29.25
mikeos
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On 11/09/2014 20:08, erilar wrote:[color=blue][color=green]
>>
>> [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29126854[/url][/color]
>
> It was a lovely thought, but it doesn't work at all. I waited until
> almost 2:00 today, when it was supposed to be live in my time zone, then
> began jumping through assorted hoops, finally got the proper link to the
> Stonehenge show, only to, in the end, be notified that I'm not allowed
> to access it from here. it's "not available". And I really enjoy
> history and archaeology shows! Thanks for the help anyway, even if it
> turned out to be in vain.[/color]

Like everything else it's available on Piratebay. You just need to be
conversant with Bittorrent.

Here's one of the proxies:

[url]http://iranbay.info/search/stonehenge/0/7/200[/url]


Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #46  
Vecchio 12-09-2014, 20.31.03
mikeos
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On 07/09/2014 08:05, Martin wrote:[color=blue]
>[color=green][color=darkred]
>>> [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2745437/Knocked-bucket-list-Obama-makes-surprise-visit-Stonehenge-following-NATO-meeting-poses-grinning-family-walk.html[/url][/color]
>>
>> Oh, I saw that here. Even American presidents can find Stonehenge
>> impressive 8-)[/color]
>
> Not many drop in on Stonehenge like he did :-)[/color]

and nobody else is allowed to stand where he did.

Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #47  
Vecchio 13-09-2014, 02.09.31
Erilar
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[color=blue]
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:08:34 -0500, erilar <drache@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
>[color=green]
>>[color=darkred]
>>> "Martin" <me@address.invalid> wrote in message
>>> news:k8ct0a1vaiuljaqto12m10eg8p2ukihhq1@4ax.com...
>>>> On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:30:55 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>> [url]http://www.filmon.com/group/uk-live-tv[/url]
>>>>>>
>>>>>> BBC 4 has lots of archeology and history programmes.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you! I've saved the list. Times will be different here, but I found
>>>>> a time for Part 1 here (2:00 pm Thursday) and marked it on my calendar.
>>>>
>>>> I hope it works. Use the Radio Times to keep an eye on what's showing on
>>>> BBC4.
>>>> [url]http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings[/url] I'm sure you will find lots of
>>>> programmes that you will find interesting.
>>>
>>> and look at
>>>
>>> [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29126854[/url][/color]
>>
>> It was a lovely thought, but it doesn't work at all. I waited until
>> almost 2:00 today, when it was supposed to be live in my time zone, then
>> began jumping through assorted hoops, finally got the proper link to the
>> Stonehenge show, only to, in the end, be notified that I'm not allowed
>> to access it from here. it's "not available". And I really enjoy
>> history and archaeology shows! Thanks for the help anyway, even if it
>> turned out to be in vain.[/color]
>
> Odd. It worked for me and I live outside UK. Not sure what all hoops were. All I
> had to do was select BBC 2 and watch. Maybe you should have tried watching BBC 2
> when I first suggested it instead waiting until the time of the programme before
> starting to jump through hoops.[/color]

I did try, but had no interest in what appeared. Perhaps it wasn't
actually BBC 2

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #48  
Vecchio 13-09-2014, 10.41.33
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:25:01 +0100, mikeos <mikeos3@gmail.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On 04/09/2014 17:17, Erilar wrote:[color=green]
>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>>
>>> The TV programme is on BBC 2 on Thursday
>>> [url]http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c4tkng/operation-stonehenge-what-lies-beneath--series-1---episode-1[/url]
>>> 1/2. Stonehenge is one of the most enigmatic and fascinating historical sites
>>> that this country has to offer, and that's largely for one reason - try as they
>>> might, historians have next to no idea what the huge stone monoliths were for,
>>> or how they got there. There's no end of theories, of course, but none of them
>>> so far have been conclusive. That may all be about to change, however. Recent
>>> revolutionary research has just been undertaken which, over the course of just a
>>> few years, has yielded some fascinating insights into the site. Drawing on this
>>> new data, archaeologists might finally be able to put to bed some of its
>>> mysteries, as this two-part programme reveals the five-year project's findings.[/color]
>>
>> Unfortunately, I don't have access to real BBC.[/color]
>
>You can probably access it via iPlayer with the appropriate software. My
>Daughter watches it in Pennsylvania.
>[/color]

She needs to use a proxy server.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #49  
Vecchio 18-09-2014, 12.49.30
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Stonehenge

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:31:03 +0100, mikeos <mikeos3@gmail.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On 07/09/2014 08:05, Martin wrote:[color=green]
>>[color=darkred]
>>>> [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2745437/Knocked-bucket-list-Obama-makes-surprise-visit-Stonehenge-following-NATO-meeting-poses-grinning-family-walk.html[/url]
>>>
>>> Oh, I saw that here. Even American presidents can find Stonehenge
>>> impressive 8-)[/color]
>>
>> Not many drop in on Stonehenge like he did :-)[/color]
>
>and nobody else is allowed to stand where he did.[/color]

Part two of the BBC programme is tonight

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/18/stonehenge-gold-workers-metal-children-eyesight[/url]
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
Rispondi


Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione
Cerca in questa discussione:

Ricerca avanzata
ModalitÓ visualizzazione

Regole di scrittura
Tu non puoi inserire nuovi messaggi
Tu non puoi rispondere ai messaggi
Tu non puoi inviare files
Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi

Il codice vB Ŕ Disattivato
Le faccine sono Attivato
Il codice [IMG] Ŕ Disattivato
Il codice HTML Ŕ Disattivato
Vai al forum


Tutti gli orari sono GMT +2. Adesso sono le 19.29.09.


www.ForumViaggiare.com
Ad Management by RedTyger