www.ForumViaggiare.com

Links Sponsorizzati


Torna indietro   www.ForumViaggiare.com > International Forums - In english > Travelling in Europe

Tags:

Rispondi
 
Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione Modalità visualizzazione
  #11  
Vecchio 25-10-2014, 15.07.09
Surreyman
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: McDs gourmets comments

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:02:50 AM UTC+1, Jack Campin wrote:[color=blue][color=green]
> > I must admit that the best wine I ever had was a very aged
> > Champagne that apparently cost over £100 (provided by a friend!) -
> > and I normally don't even like Champagne.[/color]
>
> The best I can recall was in the early 1990s in north-east Turkey.
> We had a picnic on the riverbank at Tekkale (near Artvin) where
> two furious torrents meet. The Soviet Union's closing down sale
> meant that busloads of Georgians were coming over the border to
> sell stuff and prostitute themselves. At the Georgian market in
> Yusufeli, we got a bottle of wonderful Azerbaijani pink champagne
> for about 2 quid and a jar of caviar to go with it for 50p, together
> with a fresh loaf of local bread. Yum.
>
> On checking out the prices you'd pay in the UK for similar caviar
> when we got back home, it seemed we'd eaten 200 pounds' worth for
> lunch.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
> mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin[/color]

A party of us once bought (deliberately!) 4 coffees and two soft drinks from one of the St. Mark's Square cafes in Venice. That was also £200+! But we were expecting it - it was a long arranged special occasion.
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
  #12  
Vecchio 25-10-2014, 15.09.30
Bill
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: McDs gourmets comments

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:07:09 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman
<alanspencer3@googlemail.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:02:50 AM UTC+1, Jack Campin wrote:[color=green][color=darkred]
>> > I must admit that the best wine I ever had was a very aged
>> > Champagne that apparently cost over £100 (provided by a friend!) -
>> > and I normally don't even like Champagne.[/color]
>>
>> The best I can recall was in the early 1990s in north-east Turkey.
>> We had a picnic on the riverbank at Tekkale (near Artvin) where
>> two furious torrents meet. The Soviet Union's closing down sale
>> meant that busloads of Georgians were coming over the border to
>> sell stuff and prostitute themselves. At the Georgian market in
>> Yusufeli, we got a bottle of wonderful Azerbaijani pink champagne
>> for about 2 quid and a jar of caviar to go with it for 50p, together
>> with a fresh loaf of local bread. Yum.
>>
>> On checking out the prices you'd pay in the UK for similar caviar
>> when we got back home, it seemed we'd eaten 200 pounds' worth for
>> lunch.
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
>> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
>> mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin[/color]
>
>A party of us once bought (deliberately!) 4 coffees and two soft drinks from one of the St. Mark's Square cafes in Venice. That was also £200+! But we were expecting it - it was a long arranged special occasion.[/color]

£200 for six drinks seems a lot, even for St Mark's Square.
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #13  
Vecchio 25-10-2014, 15.14.32
Surreyman
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: McDs gourmets comments

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 10:27:09 AM UTC+1, Martin wrote:[color=blue]
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:45:58 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
> <evgmsop@earthlink.net> wrote:
> [color=green]
> >
> >
> >poldy wrote:[color=darkred]
> >> On 10/23/14 5:26 AM, Martin wrote:
> >>> [url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
> >>>
> >>>
> >> Also suspect if oenophiles did blind tastings of expensive wines along
> >> with some mass market wines, they may not always reliably pick out the
> >> cheap stuff.[/color]
> >
> >I once lived near a tasting-room/sales outlet for a California winery.
> >Astonishing how fast "taste-before-you-buy" will wean you away from the
> >cheap stuff![/color]
>
> I got very badly caught by a taste before you buy in a winery in Cochem in the
> Mosel Valley. What we tasted was excellent what we bought was filth.
> --
>
> Martin in Zuid Holland[/color]

Shame, I love Cochem.
We once enjoyed a superb ad hoc winefest in a cafe lower down, just outsideCoblenz.
A reverse experience. Bored stiff in Lagos, Nigeria, I went into a grotty cafe (and grotty in Nigeria means GROTTY), ordered a meal I knew from past experience I'd like and - what the hell - a bottle of vino which I fully expected to be vinegar. Despite all the transport and storage in impossible heat, it turned out to be one of the best bottles of Beaune I think I've everhad!
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #14  
Vecchio 27-10-2014, 12.13.34
Frank Hucklenbroich
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: McDs gourmets comments

Am Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:50:39 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):
[color=blue]
> At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
> on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. If that
> was your sole contact with champagne, it left you wondering what all the
> fuss was about![/color]

Had that on a domestic flight in Jamaica about 10 years ago. They also
called it "champagne flights", but you did have to ask the stewardess for
it. Then you would get half a plastic cup full of some kind of sparkling
wine ;-)

Of course it wasn't the real stuff.

Regards,

Frank
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #15  
Vecchio 27-10-2014, 12.20.42
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: McDs gourmets comments

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:13:34 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
<Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>Am Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:50:39 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):
>[color=green]
>> At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
>> on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. If that
>> was your sole contact with champagne, it left you wondering what all the
>> fuss was about![/color]
>
>Had that on a domestic flight in Jamaica about 10 years ago. They also
>called it "champagne flights", but you did have to ask the stewardess for
>it. Then you would get half a plastic cup full of some kind of sparkling
>wine ;-)
>
>Of course it wasn't the real stuff.[/color]

Air France Business Class serves the real stuff.
Flying effects the sense of taste.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #16  
Vecchio 27-10-2014, 15.16.24
Frank Hucklenbroich
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: McDs gourmets comments

Am Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:20:42 +0100 schrieb Martin:
[color=blue]
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:13:34 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
> <Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
>[color=green]
>>Am Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:50:39 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):
>>[color=darkred]
>>> At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
>>> on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. If that
>>> was your sole contact with champagne, it left you wondering what all the
>>> fuss was about![/color]
>>
>>Had that on a domestic flight in Jamaica about 10 years ago. They also
>>called it "champagne flights", but you did have to ask the stewardess for
>>it. Then you would get half a plastic cup full of some kind of sparkling
>>wine ;-)
>>
>>Of course it wasn't the real stuff.[/color]
>
> Air France Business Class serves the real stuff.[/color]

So did Air Madagascar when I flew with them in the 90ies (they are partner
of Air France). Even in economy. Was a B-747 hired by Air France, but with
a crew from Madagascar.

Regards,

Frank

[color=blue]
> Flying effects the sense of taste.[/color]
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #17  
Vecchio 29-10-2014, 01.33.53
poldy
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: McDs gourmets comments

In article <917s4a9i4u0fd53p7nsbvd91pe9u16cc25@4ax.com>,
Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
[color=blue]
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:13:34 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
> <Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
>[color=green]
> >Am Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:50:39 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):
> >[color=darkred]
> >> At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
> >> on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. If that
> >> was your sole contact with champagne, it left you wondering what all the
> >> fuss was about![/color]
> >
> >Had that on a domestic flight in Jamaica about 10 years ago. They also
> >called it "champagne flights", but you did have to ask the stewardess for
> >it. Then you would get half a plastic cup full of some kind of sparkling
> >wine ;-)
> >
> >Of course it wasn't the real stuff.[/color]
>
> Air France Business Class serves the real stuff.
> Flying effects the sense of taste.[/color]

They used to serve champagne with this:

[url]http://www.fauchon.com/en/cheddar-mini-crepes.html[/url]

Pretty expensive on a per kilo basis.


But last time, they served it with something else.
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
Rispondi


Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione
Cerca in questa discussione:

Ricerca avanzata
Modalità visualizzazione

Regole di scrittura
Tu non puoi inserire nuovi messaggi
Tu non puoi rispondere ai messaggi
Tu non puoi inviare files
Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi

Il codice vB è Disattivato
Le faccine sono Attivato
Il codice [IMG] è Disattivato
Il codice HTML è Disattivato
Vai al forum


Tutti gli orari sono GMT +2. Adesso sono le 17.02.20.


www.ForumViaggiare.com
Ad Management by RedTyger