www.ForumViaggiare.com

www.ForumViaggiare.com (http://www.forumviaggiare.com/index.php)
-   Travelling in Europe (http://www.forumviaggiare.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   escape (http://www.forumviaggiare.com/showthread.php?t=1638857)

Martin 11-11-2014 10.51.20

Re: escape
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:10:04 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
<Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>Am Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:59:22 +0100 schrieb Tom P:
>[color=green]
>> I'm not talking about a residence permit. A life certificate is an
>> official proof that you are alive and not dead.[/color]
>
>Never heard of something like that here in Germany. What you usually have
>is a "Familienstammbuch", that's a book where you collect all important
>documents regarding your family (birth certificate, certificate of
>marriage...).[/color]

In the Netherlands you obtain in person a current extract from the population
register to prove that you are still alive. UK must be one of the few places
that pays a state pension without requiring annual proof that the recipient is
still alive.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland




Martin 11-11-2014 10.53.05

Re: escape
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:12:53 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
<Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>Am Sat, 8 Nov 2014 19:15:17 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Erilar:
>[color=green]
>> You're allowed to live in this country, but often not allowed to vote.[/color]
>
>Depends on your status. English people living legally in Germany can vote
>in European elections (at the same place where the Germans vote), but not
>in national elections. For that, you'll need a Germany citizienship - which
>did become much easier to obtain some years ago, for most European
>nationalities you can legally keep your old passport and nationality and
>get a German one, too.[/color]

In The Netherlands aliens can also vote in local council elections.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland




Frank Hucklenbroich 11-11-2014 14.13.33

Re: escape
 
Am Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:51:20 +0100 schrieb Martin:
[color=blue]
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:10:04 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
> <Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
>[color=green]
>>Am Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:59:22 +0100 schrieb Tom P:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> I'm not talking about a residence permit. A life certificate is an
>>> official proof that you are alive and not dead.[/color]
>>
>>Never heard of something like that here in Germany. What you usually have
>>is a "Familienstammbuch", that's a book where you collect all important
>>documents regarding your family (birth certificate, certificate of
>>marriage...).[/color]
>
> In the Netherlands you obtain in person a current extract from the population
> register to prove that you are still alive. UK must be one of the few places
> that pays a state pension without requiring annual proof that the recipient is
> still alive.[/color]

In the UK some people don't even have a passport. Once you don't travel
abroad, you don't need one.
They don't have a register-office either. If you want to open a bank
account, you bring something like your last gas bill.

Regards,

Frank

Martin 11-11-2014 14.38.54

Re: escape
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 13:13:33 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
<Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>Am Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:51:20 +0100 schrieb Martin:
>[color=green]
>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:10:04 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
>> <Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>>Am Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:59:22 +0100 schrieb Tom P:
>>>
>>>> I'm not talking about a residence permit. A life certificate is an
>>>> official proof that you are alive and not dead.
>>>
>>>Never heard of something like that here in Germany. What you usually have
>>>is a "Familienstammbuch", that's a book where you collect all important
>>>documents regarding your family (birth certificate, certificate of
>>>marriage...).[/color]
>>
>> In the Netherlands you obtain in person a current extract from the population
>> register to prove that you are still alive. UK must be one of the few places
>> that pays a state pension without requiring annual proof that the recipient is
>> still alive.[/color]
>
>In the UK some people don't even have a passport. Once you don't travel
>abroad, you don't need one.
>They don't have a register-office either.[/color]

You register, obtain a copy of a driving licence and a passport in the local
town hall in The Netherlands. It is all very efficient.
[color=blue]
> If you want to open a bank
>account, you bring something like your last gas bill.[/color]

UK is a fraudsters and illegal immigrants paradise.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland




Bill 11-11-2014 15.56.43

Re: escape
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 13:13:33 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
<Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>Am Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:51:20 +0100 schrieb Martin:
>[color=green]
>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:10:04 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
>> <Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>>Am Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:59:22 +0100 schrieb Tom P:
>>>
>>>> I'm not talking about a residence permit. A life certificate is an
>>>> official proof that you are alive and not dead.
>>>
>>>Never heard of something like that here in Germany. What you usually have
>>>is a "Familienstammbuch", that's a book where you collect all important
>>>documents regarding your family (birth certificate, certificate of
>>>marriage...).[/color]
>>
>> In the Netherlands you obtain in person a current extract from the population
>> register to prove that you are still alive. UK must be one of the few places
>> that pays a state pension without requiring annual proof that the recipient is
>> still alive.[/color]
>
>In the UK some people don't even have a passport. Once you don't travel
>abroad, you don't need one.
>They don't have a register-office either. If you want to open a bank
>account, you bring something like your last gas bill.[/color]

Not any more.

Now you need proof of address and a photo ID of some kind.

Your gas bill and driving license will do.

Bill 11-11-2014 15.57.38

Re: escape
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 13:38:54 +0100, Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:

[color=blue]
>UK is a fraudsters and illegal immigrants paradise.[/color]

Not that I've noticed.

There's no requirement to own a passport but photo ID is now required
for many things such as opening a bank account.

Giovanni Drogo 11-11-2014 19.57.19

Re: escape
 
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Frank Hucklenbroich wrote:
[color=blue]
> In the UK some people don't even have a passport. Once you don't
> travel abroad, you don't need one.[/color]

In Italy most people don't have a passport if they do not need to travel
outside the EU. For that an identity card suffices. And avoids/avoided
to have to pay the yearly stamp on the passport.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) 11-11-2014 20.41.34

Re: escape
 


Erilar wrote:[color=blue]
> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[/color]
[color=blue][color=green]
>> Make your own bread and stay at home.[/color]
>
> I do all of the former and a lot of the latter. When not doing the latter,
> I've learned they have pretty good bread in Scandinavia generally.[/color]

Pastry, too! I grew up in Minnesota (with a large Scandinavian
population). I actually came to believe the talent for baking cakes and
pastries may be genetic. We'd be served have something wonderful when
visiting a friend of my mother's, she'd beg and receive the recipe, but
the results were never the same when she made it.

Erilar 11-11-2014 20.43.13

Re: escape
 
Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[color=blue]
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:50:41 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
> wrote:
>[color=green]
>> "JohnT" <spamnot@hotmail.com> wrote:[color=darkred]
>>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...
>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar >> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. Politics
>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>
>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>
>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past. > Besides,
>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>
>>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not familiar with Poilane.[/color]
>>
>> In a year and I half there I kept finding new kinds and all were delicious.
>> Now I make my own to avoid the mixture of pallid flour, water, and
>> chemicals so popular in the US. Even non-white bread here has lists of
>> chemicals in it.[/color]
>
> It's possible that the flour you use is from GM grain and has added chemicals
> too, including pesticide residues.[/color]

Much of it is bought at health food stores where they generally have a
strong aversion to unnatural foods.
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

Erilar 11-11-2014 20.43.13

Re: escape
 
Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[color=blue]
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:50:40 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
> wrote:
>[color=green]
>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[color=darkred]
>>> On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 19:15:18 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. Politics
>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>
>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>
>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>
>>> Lived long term or just visited? Paid both German and US income tax at the same
>>> time?
>>>
>>>> Besides,
>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>
>>> Make your own bread and stay at home.[/color]
>>
>> I do all of the former and a lot of the latter. When not doing the latter,
>> I've learned they have pretty good bread in Scandinavia generally.[/color]
>
> and in France too?[/color]

Not on the one trip when I was there.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad


Tutti gli orari sono GMT +2. Adesso sono le 11.31.46.

Basato su: vBulletin versione 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Traduzione italiana a cura di: Downloadgratuito.net
www.ForumViaggiare.com
Ad Management by RedTyger