www.ForumViaggiare.com

www.ForumViaggiare.com (http://www.forumviaggiare.com/index.php)
-   Travelling in Europe (http://www.forumviaggiare.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   McDs gourmets comments (http://www.forumviaggiare.com/showthread.php?t=1638741)

Martin 23-10-2014 14.26.31

McDs gourmets comments
 
[url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
--

Martin in Zuid Holland




poldy 24-10-2014 04.06.32

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 
On 10/23/14 5:26 AM, Martin wrote:[color=blue]
> [url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
>[/color]
Also suspect if oenophiles did blind tastings of expensive wines along
with some mass market wines, they may not always reliably pick out the
cheap stuff.

Surreyman 24-10-2014 12.31.10

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 
On Friday, October 24, 2014 3:06:36 AM UTC+1, poldy wrote:[color=blue]
> On 10/23/14 5:26 AM, Martin wrote:[color=green]
> > [url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
> >[/color]
> Also suspect if oenophiles did blind tastings of expensive wines along
> with some mass market wines, they may not always reliably pick out the
> cheap stuff.[/color]

That has often happened.
I long ago just decided to enjoy what I enjoy - saved me a fortune on wines, especially!
Although I must admit that the best wine I ever had was a very aged Champagne that apparently cost over 100 (provided by a friend!) - and I normally don't even like Champagne.

Martin 24-10-2014 13.16.00

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 03:31:10 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman
<alanspencer3@googlemail.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On Friday, October 24, 2014 3:06:36 AM UTC+1, poldy wrote:[color=green]
>> On 10/23/14 5:26 AM, Martin wrote:[color=darkred]
>> > [url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
>> >[/color]
>> Also suspect if oenophiles did blind tastings of expensive wines along
>> with some mass market wines, they may not always reliably pick out the
>> cheap stuff.[/color]
>
>That has often happened.
>I long ago just decided to enjoy what I enjoy - saved me a fortune on wines, especially![/color]

Here too :-)
[color=blue]
>Although I must admit that the best wine I ever had was a very aged Champagne that apparently cost over 100 (provided by a friend!) - and I normally don't even like Champagne.[/color]
--

Martin in Zuid Holland




EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) 24-10-2014 20.45.58

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 


poldy wrote:[color=blue]
> On 10/23/14 5:26 AM, Martin wrote:[color=green]
>> [url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
>>
>>[/color]
> Also suspect if oenophiles did blind tastings of expensive wines along
> with some mass market wines, they may not always reliably pick out the
> cheap stuff.[/color]

I once lived near a tasting-room/sales outlet for a California winery.
Astonishing how fast "taste-before-you-buy" will wean you away from the
cheap stuff!

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) 24-10-2014 20.50.39

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 


Surreyman wrote:[color=blue]
> On Friday, October 24, 2014 3:06:36 AM UTC+1, poldy wrote:[color=green]
>> On 10/23/14 5:26 AM, Martin wrote:[color=darkred]
>>> [url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
>>>[/color]
>> Also suspect if oenophiles did blind tastings of expensive wines along
>> with some mass market wines, they may not always reliably pick out the
>> cheap stuff.[/color]
>
> That has often happened.
> I long ago just decided to enjoy what I enjoy - saved me a fortune on wines, especially!
> Although I must admit that the best wine I ever had was a very aged Champagne that apparently cost over 100 (provided by a friend!) - and I normally don't even like Champagne.[/color]

At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. If that
was your sole contact with champagne, it left you wondering what all the
fuss was about!

Jack Campin 25-10-2014 02.02.46

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 
> I must admit that the best wine I ever had was a very aged[color=blue]
> Champagne that apparently cost over 100 (provided by a friend!) -
> and I normally don't even like Champagne.[/color]

The best I can recall was in the early 1990s in north-east Turkey.
We had a picnic on the riverbank at Tekkale (near Artvin) where
two furious torrents meet. The Soviet Union's closing down sale
meant that busloads of Georgians were coming over the border to
sell stuff and prostitute themselves. At the Georgian market in
Yusufeli, we got a bottle of wonderful Azerbaijani pink champagne
for about 2 quid and a jar of caviar to go with it for 50p, together
with a fresh loaf of local bread. Yum.

On checking out the prices you'd pay in the UK for similar caviar
when we got back home, it seemed we'd eaten 200 pounds' worth for
lunch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

mikeos 25-10-2014 08.21.17

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 
On 24/10/2014 19:50, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:[color=blue]
>[/color]
[color=blue]
> At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
> on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. If that
> was your sole contact with champagne, it left you wondering what all the
> fuss was about![/color]

I always prefer champagnne when the gas has dispersed. I prefer wines
without fizz, seems to have more flavour.



Martin 25-10-2014 11.27.02

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:45:58 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
<evgmsop@earthlink.net> wrote:
[color=blue]
>
>
>poldy wrote:[color=green]
>> On 10/23/14 5:26 AM, Martin wrote:[color=darkred]
>>> [url]http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/watch-what-happened-when-food-critics-were-unknowingly-served-mcdonalds-9812768.html[/url]
>>>
>>>[/color]
>> Also suspect if oenophiles did blind tastings of expensive wines along
>> with some mass market wines, they may not always reliably pick out the
>> cheap stuff.[/color]
>
>I once lived near a tasting-room/sales outlet for a California winery.
>Astonishing how fast "taste-before-you-buy" will wean you away from the
>cheap stuff![/color]

I got very badly caught by a taste before you buy in a winery in Cochem in the
Mosel Valley. What we tasted was excellent what we bought was filth.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland




Bill 25-10-2014 13.26.37

Re: McDs gourmets comments
 
On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 07:21:17 +0100, mikeos <mikeos3@gmail.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On 24/10/2014 19:50, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:[color=green]
>>[/color]
>[color=green]
>> At one time airlines in the U.S. were advertising "champagne flights",
>> on which they served free champagne with the (then) free meals. If that
>> was your sole contact with champagne, it left you wondering what all the
>> fuss was about![/color]
>
>I always prefer champagnne when the gas has dispersed.[/color]

How do you manage to keep it that long?

Champagne is supposed to keep its fizz for some 36 hours after
opening...


Tutti gli orari sono GMT +2. Adesso sono le 20.48.03.

Basato su: vBulletin versione 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Traduzione italiana a cura di: Downloadgratuito.net
www.ForumViaggiare.com
Ad Management by RedTyger