www.ForumViaggiare.com

Links Sponsorizzati


Torna indietro   www.ForumViaggiare.com > International Forums - In english > Travelling in Europe

Tags:

Rispondi
 
Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione Modalità visualizzazione
  #1  
Vecchio 18-08-2014, 21.29.02
JohnT
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Venice

If anyone is reading this NG and knows of a reasonably priced (up to €Eur
100 per night) hotel in Venice for 2 nights prior to a cruise in May 2015, I
should be grateful for a recommendation.

--
JohnT

Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
  #2  
Vecchio 18-08-2014, 22.06.04
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Venice

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:29:02 +0100, "JohnT" <spamnot@hotmail.com> wrote:
[color=blue]
>If anyone is reading this NG and knows of a reasonably priced (up to €Eur
>100 per night) hotel in Venice for 2 nights prior to a cruise in May 2015, I
>should be grateful for a recommendation.[/color]

Do what we and David Horne did and stay in a hotel in Treviso.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #3  
Vecchio 19-08-2014, 10.35.11
Giovanni Drogo
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Venice

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Martin wrote:
[color=blue]
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:29:02 +0100, "JohnT" <spamnot@hotmail.com> wrote:
>[color=green]
>> reasonably priced hotel in Venice for 2 nights[/color]
>
> Do what we and David Horne did and stay in a hotel in Treviso.[/color]

That would be a bit far if you intend to see Venice. although Treviso
has nice sights. Mestre (i.e. Venice on firm land) is closer (one train
stop) but definitely less attractive.

I know two places in Venice but I was there many many many years ago and
have no idea of current standards and prices (but I see on the net they
still exist).

One is Buon Pesce in Venezia Lido (when I was there I was guest of the
landlady which was the aunt of a friend, so I have no idea of the prices
even then).

The other one is Domus Cavanis, which at the time was a sort of family
hostel run by some religious congregation. Cheap, clean and very
centrally located (near Accademia)
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #4  
Vecchio 19-08-2014, 10.56.23
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Venice

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:35:11 +0200, Giovanni Drogo
<drogo@rn.bastiani.ta.invalid> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Martin wrote:
>[color=green]
>> On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 20:29:02 +0100, "JohnT" <spamnot@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> reasonably priced hotel in Venice for 2 nights[/color]
>>
>> Do what we and David Horne did and stay in a hotel in Treviso.[/color]
>
>That would be a bit far if you intend to see Venice. although Treviso
>has nice sights. Mestre (i.e. Venice on firm land) is closer (one train
>stop) but definitely less attractive.[/color]

It's not too far we have done it three times already and David Horne did it at
least once. We spent the night in Treviso, but spent the day in Venice each time
prior to catching the ferry to Patras.
We stayed in Venice in 1982 in a place found for us by an Estec couple from
Venice. It was very simple and even in those days it cost about EUR45/night.
[color=blue]
>I know two places in Venice but I was there many many many years ago and
>have no idea of current standards and prices (but I see on the net they
>still exist).
>
>One is Buon Pesce in Venezia Lido (when I was there I was guest of the
>landlady which was the aunt of a friend, so I have no idea of the prices
>even then).[/color]

It had a very good Tripadvisor review in 2008 and an awful ones in 2009-2013
[url]http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g3547567-d234375-r19564865-Viktoria_Palace_Hotel-Lido_di_Venezia_Veneto.html[/url]

This Best Western in Maestre seems to be good value at EUR85/night
[url]http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194822-d1878371-Reviews-BEST_WESTERN_PLUS_Quid_Hotel_Venice_Airport-Mestre_Veneto.html#REVIEWS[/url]
[color=blue]
>
>The other one is Domus Cavanis, which at the time was a sort of family
>hostel run by some religious congregation. Cheap, clean and very
>centrally located (near Accademia)[/color]
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #5  
Vecchio 25-08-2014, 06.21.13
jfeng@my-deja.com
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Venice

The Stella Alpina Edelweiss is very close to the Santa Lucia train station. On Hotels.com, it came up at $60. There are other comparably priced 2* hotels in the area.

I was very pleased with mu accomodations many years ago (over 10), but a subsequent review in TripAdvisor complained about bedbugs.
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #6  
Vecchio 01-10-2014, 08.12.14
ORRELL
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: Venice


I have stayed at Domus Cavanis few months ago with my family. We have
been stayed there for 3 nights. It is located near the Dorsoduro. During
our stay there we were visited the Murano glass factory. That was really
an amazing trip of our life.




--
ORRELL
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
Rispondi


Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione
Cerca in questa discussione:

Ricerca avanzata
Modalità visualizzazione

Regole di scrittura
Tu non puoi inserire nuovi messaggi
Tu non puoi rispondere ai messaggi
Tu non puoi inviare files
Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi

Il codice vB è Disattivato
Le faccine sono Attivato
Il codice [IMG] è Disattivato
Il codice HTML è Disattivato
Vai al forum


Tutti gli orari sono GMT +2. Adesso sono le 01.43.17.


www.ForumViaggiare.com
Ad Management by RedTyger