www.ForumViaggiare.com

Links Sponsorizzati


Torna indietro   www.ForumViaggiare.com > International Forums - In english > Travelling in Europe

Tags:

Rispondi
 
Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione ModalitÓ visualizzazione
  #71  
Vecchio 13-11-2014, 10.07.49
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 20:06:54 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
wrote:
[color=blue]
>Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[color=green]
>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:43:13 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>> wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:50:40 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>> On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 19:15:18 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. Politics
>>>>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Lived long term or just visited? Paid both German and US income tax at the same
>>>>>> time?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Besides,
>>>>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Make your own bread and stay at home.
>>>>>
>>>>> I do all of the former and a lot of the latter. When not doing the latter,
>>>>> I've learned they have pretty good bread in Scandinavia generally.
>>>>
>>>> and in France too?
>>>
>>> Not on the one trip when I was there.[/color]
>>
>> Only because you didn't try to buy bread and because you stayed in cheap ****
>> hostels/hotels. I've never had bad bread in France.[/color]
>
>It was a group tour. The places we stayed were generally nice. The second
>time they had this weiners and beans stuff as main course, I went back to
>my hotel and skipped supper. Thin fish soup was even worse.[/color]

So the tour saved money on the food. Your experience of France is about as
typical as Cathy's experience of European food. Next time blame the tour not the
country.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
  #72  
Vecchio 13-11-2014, 17.36.16
Erilar
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape

Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[color=blue]
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 20:06:54 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
> wrote:
>[color=green]
>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:[color=darkred]
>>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:43:13 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:50:40 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>>> On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 19:15:18 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. Politics
>>>>>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Lived long term or just visited? Paid both German and US income tax at the same
>>>>>>> time?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Besides,
>>>>>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Make your own bread and stay at home.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I do all of the former and a lot of the latter. When not doing the latter,
>>>>>> I've learned they have pretty good bread in Scandinavia generally.
>>>>>
>>>>> and in France too?
>>>>
>>>> Not on the one trip when I was there.
>>>
>>> Only because you didn't try to buy bread and because you stayed in cheap ****
>>> hostels/hotels. I've never had bad bread in France.[/color]
>>
>> It was a group tour. The places we stayed were generally nice. The second
>> time they had this weiners and beans stuff as main course, I went back to
>> my hotel and skipped supper. Thin fish soup was even worse.[/color]
>
> So the tour saved money on the food. Your experience of France is about as
> typical as Cathy's experience of European food. Next time blame the tour not the
> country.[/color]

Oh, we had adequate food most of the time, but less than adequate "bread".

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #73  
Vecchio 14-11-2014, 20.45.47
tim.....
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape


"Martin" <me@address.invalid> wrote in message
news:3hj36ad1s27obppgbnqcjbi6ohp23fet2a@4ax.com...[color=blue]
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:12:53 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich
> <Hucklenbroich01@aol.com> wrote:
>[color=green]
>>Am Sat, 8 Nov 2014 19:15:17 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Erilar:
>>[color=darkred]
>>> You're allowed to live in this country, but often not allowed to vote.[/color]
>>
>>Depends on your status. English people living legally in Germany can vote
>>in European elections (at the same place where the Germans vote), but not
>>in national elections. For that, you'll need a Germany citizienship -
>>which
>>did become much easier to obtain some years ago, for most European
>>nationalities you can legally keep your old passport and nationality and
>>get a German one, too.[/color]
>
> In The Netherlands aliens can also vote in local council elections.[/color]

In all EU countries other EU citizens residing there can vote in local
elections - it's EU law

tim


[color=blue]
>[/color]



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #74  
Vecchio 14-11-2014, 20.48.23
tim.....
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape


"Tom P" <werotizy@freent.dd> wrote in message
news:cchnb0Fjmu7U1@mid.individual.net...[color=blue]
> On 08.11.2014 21:38, JohnT wrote:[color=green]
>>
>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...[color=darkred]
>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany.
>>>>> Politics
>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>
>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>
>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>> Besides,
>>> they have the best bread in the world![/color]
>>
>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not familiar
>> with Poilane.[/color]
>
> There is no such thing as "German" bread. Each region has different kinds
> of bread. In Bavaria bread often contains a lot of caraway, an acquired
> taste for me.[/color]

IME almost all German Bread's an acquired taste for me. I like my bread to
be soft and fluffy, not so dense you can use it as roof tiles.

It may "taste" nicer than other countries bread but I just can't abide the
texture

tim





Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #75  
Vecchio 15-11-2014, 17.23.40
Erilar
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape

"tim....." <tims_new_home@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:[color=blue]
> "Tom P" <werotizy@freent.dd> wrote in message news:cchnb0Fjmu7U1@mid.individual.net...[color=green]
>> On 08.11.2014 21:38, JohnT wrote:[color=darkred]
>>>
>>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...
>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. >>>>> Politics
>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>
>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>
>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>> Besides,
>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>
>>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not familiar
>>> with Poilane.[/color]
>>
>> There is no such thing as "German" bread. Each region has different
>> kinds > of bread. In Bavaria bread often contains a lot of caraway, an
>> acquired > taste for me.[/color]
>
> IME almost all German Bread's an acquired taste for me. I like my bread
> to be soft and fluffy, not so dense you can use it as roof tiles.
>
> It may "taste" nicer than other countries bread but I just can't abide the texture
>[/color]
Oh, then you must like the tasteless white stuff they call "bread" in the
US?


--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #76  
Vecchio 15-11-2014, 19.56.47
James Silverton
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape

On 11/15/2014 11:23 AM, Erilar wrote:[color=blue]
> "tim....." <tims_new_home@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:[color=green]
>> "Tom P" <werotizy@freent.dd> wrote in message news:cchnb0Fjmu7U1@mid.individual.net...[color=darkred]
>>> On 08.11.2014 21:38, JohnT wrote:
>>>>
>>>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>>>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...
>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. >>>>> Politics
>>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>>
>>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>>> Besides,
>>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>>
>>>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not familiar
>>>> with Poilane.
>>>
>>> There is no such thing as "German" bread. Each region has different
>>> kinds > of bread. In Bavaria bread often contains a lot of caraway, an
>>> acquired > taste for me.[/color]
>>
>> IME almost all German Bread's an acquired taste for me. I like my bread
>> to be soft and fluffy, not so dense you can use it as roof tiles.
>>
>> It may "taste" nicer than other countries bread but I just can't abide the texture
>>[/color]
> Oh, then you must like the tasteless white stuff they call "bread" in the
> US?
>
>[/color]
A lot of countries have "tasteless white stuff" bread. I've seen it in a
French supermarket and think it was called "Pain pour toast". The
British eat a lot of it too. It's common in the Outer Hebrides where it
shipped from Glasgow and takes several days to come.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #77  
Vecchio 16-11-2014, 11.22.25
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:23:40 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
wrote:
[color=blue]
>"tim....." <tims_new_home@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:[color=green]
>> "Tom P" <werotizy@freent.dd> wrote in message news:cchnb0Fjmu7U1@mid.individual.net...[color=darkred]
>>> On 08.11.2014 21:38, JohnT wrote:
>>>>
>>>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>>>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...
>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. >>>>> Politics
>>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>>
>>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>>> Besides,
>>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>>
>>>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not familiar
>>>> with Poilane.
>>>
>>> There is no such thing as "German" bread. Each region has different
>>> kinds > of bread. In Bavaria bread often contains a lot of caraway, an
>>> acquired > taste for me.[/color]
>>
>> IME almost all German Bread's an acquired taste for me. I like my bread
>> to be soft and fluffy, not so dense you can use it as roof tiles.
>>
>> It may "taste" nicer than other countries bread but I just can't abide the texture
>>[/color]
>Oh, then you must like the tasteless white stuff they call "bread" in the
>US?[/color]

UK surely?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #78  
Vecchio 16-11-2014, 11.26.51
Martin
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 13:56:47 -0500, James Silverton
<not.jim.silverton@verizon.net> wrote:
[color=blue]
>On 11/15/2014 11:23 AM, Erilar wrote:[color=green]
>> "tim....." <tims_new_home@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:[color=darkred]
>>> "Tom P" <werotizy@freent.dd> wrote in message news:cchnb0Fjmu7U1@mid.individual.net...
>>>> On 08.11.2014 21:38, JohnT wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>>>>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...
>>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>>> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. >>>>> Politics
>>>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>>>> Besides,
>>>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>>>
>>>>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not familiar
>>>>> with Poilane.
>>>>
>>>> There is no such thing as "German" bread. Each region has different
>>>> kinds > of bread. In Bavaria bread often contains a lot of caraway, an
>>>> acquired > taste for me.
>>>
>>> IME almost all German Bread's an acquired taste for me. I like my bread
>>> to be soft and fluffy, not so dense you can use it as roof tiles.
>>>
>>> It may "taste" nicer than other countries bread but I just can't abide the texture
>>>[/color]
>> Oh, then you must like the tasteless white stuff they call "bread" in the
>> US?
>>
>>[/color]
>A lot of countries have "tasteless white stuff" bread. I've seen it in a
>French supermarket and think it was called "Pain pour toast". The
>British eat a lot of it too. It's common in the Outer Hebrides where it
>shipped from Glasgow and takes several days to come.[/color]

M&S in the Netherlands import it from UK. An English food shop that used to be
in Scheveningen said that imported from UK white sliced bread and toilet paper,
(not a lot of difference) were their best selling products.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #79  
Vecchio 16-11-2014, 12.57.18
tim.....
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape


"Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
news:m47umc$4m7$1@dont-email.me...[color=blue]
> "tim....." <tims_new_home@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:[color=green]
>> "Tom P" <werotizy@freent.dd> wrote in message
>> news:cchnb0Fjmu7U1@mid.individual.net...[color=darkred]
>>> On 08.11.2014 21:38, JohnT wrote:
>>>>
>>>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>>>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...
>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany. >>>>>
>>>>>>> Politics
>>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>>
>>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>>> Besides,
>>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>>
>>>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not familiar
>>>> with Poilane.
>>>
>>> There is no such thing as "German" bread. Each region has different
>>> kinds > of bread. In Bavaria bread often contains a lot of caraway, an
>>> acquired > taste for me.[/color]
>>
>> IME almost all German Bread's an acquired taste for me. I like my bread
>> to be soft and fluffy, not so dense you can use it as roof tiles.
>>
>> It may "taste" nicer than other countries bread but I just can't abide
>> the texture
>>[/color]
> Oh, then you must like the tasteless white stuff they call "bread" in the
> US?[/color]

I find it preferable to a slice of cardboard with taste, yes

tim



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
  #80  
Vecchio 16-11-2014, 12.59.15
tim.....
 
Messaggi: n/a
Predefinito Re: escape


"Martin" <me@address.invalid> wrote in message
news:rnug6adrq3dsneds4lheovaasgj8c5secq@4ax.com...[color=blue]
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 13:56:47 -0500, James Silverton
> <not.jim.silverton@verizon.net> wrote:
>[color=green]
>>On 11/15/2014 11:23 AM, Erilar wrote:[color=darkred]
>>> "tim....." <tims_new_home@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>>> "Tom P" <werotizy@freent.dd> wrote in message
>>>> news:cchnb0Fjmu7U1@mid.individual.net...
>>>>> On 08.11.2014 21:38, JohnT wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Erilar" <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:m3lq46$97v$5@dont-email.me...
>>>>>>> Martin <me@address.invalid> wrote:
>>>>>>>> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:15:34 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
>>>>>>>> <drache@chibardun.netinvalid>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> The election results are in. i really want to move to Germany.
>>>>>>>>> >>>>> Politics
>>>>>>>>> strike me as more rational there.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Only because you don't live in Germany.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Ah, but I follow events there and I HAVE lived there in the past.
>>>>>>> Besides,
>>>>>>> they have the best bread in the world!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Some German bread is tolerably good. I assume that you are not
>>>>>> familiar
>>>>>> with Poilane.
>>>>>
>>>>> There is no such thing as "German" bread. Each region has different
>>>>> kinds > of bread. In Bavaria bread often contains a lot of caraway, an
>>>>> acquired > taste for me.
>>>>
>>>> IME almost all German Bread's an acquired taste for me. I like my
>>>> bread
>>>> to be soft and fluffy, not so dense you can use it as roof tiles.
>>>>
>>>> It may "taste" nicer than other countries bread but I just can't abide
>>>> the texture
>>>>
>>> Oh, then you must like the tasteless white stuff they call "bread" in
>>> the
>>> US?
>>>
>>>[/color]
>>A lot of countries have "tasteless white stuff" bread. I've seen it in a
>>French supermarket and think it was called "Pain pour toast". The
>>British eat a lot of it too. It's common in the Outer Hebrides where it
>>shipped from Glasgow and takes several days to come.[/color]
>
> M&S in the Netherlands import it from UK. An English food shop that used
> to be
> in Scheveningen said that imported from UK white sliced bread and toilet
> paper,
> (not a lot of difference) were their best selling products.[/color]

It's equally pointless [1] paying M&S prices for "staples" in the UK, but
many do

tim

[1] ignoring the possibility of differential travelling costs to alternative
suppliers



Rispondi citando Condividi su facebook
Links Sponsorizzati
Advertisement
Rispondi


Strumenti discussione Cerca in questa discussione
Cerca in questa discussione:

Ricerca avanzata
ModalitÓ visualizzazione

Regole di scrittura
Tu non puoi inserire nuovi messaggi
Tu non puoi rispondere ai messaggi
Tu non puoi inviare files
Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi

Il codice vB Ŕ Disattivato
Le faccine sono Attivato
Il codice [IMG] Ŕ Disattivato
Il codice HTML Ŕ Disattivato
Vai al forum


Tutti gli orari sono GMT +2. Adesso sono le 20.02.00.


www.ForumViaggiare.com
Ad Management by RedTyger